HOW CAN I PAY FOR MY COMPENSATION CLAIM?
- Conditional Fee Agreement – commonly called a ‘no win no fee’ agreement;
- Contingency fee agreement or Damages Based Agreement – used mainly in Criminal Injuries, Untraced Driver road traffic accident cases and high value cases where no costs are paid by the other side so costs are capped at 25% of damages.
- Legal Expense Insurance – if you have purchased a ‘before the event’ legal expenses policy to pay your legal costs
- Third party funding– where you are a member of a trade union or other organisation such as the AA or RAC. They may agree to fund your case for a share of the damages.
- Privately – i.e. you pay your legal fees monthly as the case proceeds
WHAT IS ‘NO WIN NO FEE’?
If you lose your case the solicitor does not charge you for work they have done on your behalf.
If you win your case, your opponent must pay your legal fees. To reflect that solicitors only get paid on cases that win, the Government allows solicitors to make an additional charge to the client called a ‘success fee’.
WHAT IS A SUCCESS FEE?
Most solicitors and claims companies charge up to an additional 25% on top of their fees as a ‘success fee’ which you have to pay if you win your case.
Levi Solicitors do not charge any success fee to you if we win your personal injury case*. This is what sets us apart from other legal firms.
If you have a personal injury claim and you do not want to pay a success fee, please call Levi Solicitors personal injury solicitors in Leeds, Wakefield, Bradford, Manchester and London on 0113 244 9931 or fill out our online form.
- * This is not applicable to MIB or CICA cases.