Botox and fillers have become increasingly popular as we seek to improve our appearances and look ten years younger. Also increasing are the horror stories of botched cosmetic surgery, which raises the question is Botox safe?
Botox injections block certain chemical signals from nerves, mostly signals that cause muscles to contract. The most common use of these injections is to relax facial muscles that cause wrinkles, such as frown lines and forehead furrows.
As with all medical procedures no-one can guarantee whether Botox is completely safe. However you can help minimize the risks of complications with these steps:
- Select your doctor carefully: An independent review recently revealed that anyone can currently perform Botox Injection procedures. By choosing a medical and certified professional who has experience in administering Botox treatment, you can ensure injections will placed correctly and your health assessed and in turn avoid a lengthy list of potential complications.
- Inform your doctor of all medication: If you take blood thinners the doctor may recommend not using these for a few days before procedures, reducing bleeding and bruising following Botox or filler injection. Your doctor needs to know if you take any muscle relaxants, sleeping aids or allergy medications these factors can affect whether Botox is safe for you.
- Post treatment: Expect to be able to resume your normal activities immediately after procedures. However to avoid infections or the toxin migrating to different area, ensure to not rub or massage treated area.
So, is Botox safe? With an experienced doctor administering Botox and following correct steps post procedure the risks with Botox injections are significantly reduced.
Botox injections carry with them a number of risks, these can include:
- Paralysis of your facial and bodily muscles.
- Facial disfigurement.
- Allergic reactions.
- Inability to talk properly.
- Blurred or impaired vision.
- A disappointing result
- Emotional distress and unhappiness
We hope there is no complication with your Botox as regulations are followed to ensure your medical treatment is safe and you obtain desired outcome. Should you be unhappy with the results, our cosmetic negligence solicitors have experience representing clients when Botox injections have gone wrong.
As leading cosmetic surgery solicitors in Leeds, we have exemplary reputation for delivering the best outcomes for victims of negligent Botox procedures. Contact our team today for free consultation to assess your case and answer any questions you have about Botox treatments.