Settling in the UK

If you would like to settle permanently in the UK and if you are a migrant from outside of Europe and have lived in the UK for a certain length of time, you may be able to apply for permission to settle here. This is known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’.

Applying for settlement from inside the UK

If you are currently residing in the UK, your right to apply for settlement will depend on your current immigration status.

Please note that the Immigration Rules are subject to change. You must meet all the requirements of the Immigration Rules at the time when you make your application.

Most applicants for settlement must show that they have knowledge of language and life in the UK.

As part of your application for settlement, you must enroll your fingerprints and facial image (known as ‘biometric information’) and obtain a biometric residence permit, which will confirm your immigration status and entitlements. Any dependents who apply at the same time as you will also need to do this.

| Our Recent Successes

Expert Advice

Vladimir Mikeljevic


T. 0113 297 3177

Vladimir Mikeljevic is a partner and head of our immigration department. He has been practising immigration and asylum law since 1996 and has previously been head of the immigration department at other leading firms of solicitors for more than 17 years.

Read More

| Get in Touch

If you would like advice relating to settling in the UK, Levi Solicitors’ expert team of immigration solicitors is on hand to help.  Either fill in the contact form or give us a call on 0800 988 7756.

With solicitors in Leeds (central and north), WakefieldBradfordManchester and London , we can bring our experience and knowledge to your matter, no matter where you are.