Studying in the UK

If you would like to study in the UK and are from outside of Europe this section explains how you can apply for a visa or permission to remain in the UK as a student.

When applying you must pick the correct category from the list below:

Tier 4 (General)

This is for adults that want to visit UK for their post-16 education.

Tier 4 (Child)

This is for children aged between 4 and 17 years old who wish to visit for a long course of study.

Student Visitor

This is for adults who want to study a short course in the UK and will not work while they are here.

Child Visitor

This is for children who want to study a short course in the UK and will not work while they are here.

Prospective student

This is for people who need to finalise their arrangements for their Tier 4 course of study in the UK.

Students under the old Immigration Rules

Information for students who are currently in the UK under the Rules that were in place before 31 March 2009.

| Our Recent Successes

Expert Advice

Vladimir Mikeljevic


T. 0113 297 3177

Vladimir Mikeljevic is a partner and head of our immigration department. He has been practising immigration and asylum law since 1996 and has previously been head of the immigration department at other leading firms of solicitors for more than 17 years.

Read More

| Get in Touch

If you would like advice relating to coming to the UK to study, Levi Solicitors’ expert team of immigration solicitors is on hand to help.  Either fill in the contact form or give us a call on 0800 988 7756.

With solicitors in Leeds (central and north), WakefieldBradfordManchester and London, we can bring our experience and knowledge to your matter, no matter where you are.