Visiting the UK

People visit the UK for many different reasons. However, the type of visa you should apply for depends on the nature of your visit.

Reasons for visiting:

  • General visitors
  • Child visitors
  • ADS visitors
  • Visiting family
  • Visiting to do business
  • Visiting to undertake permitted engagements
  • Visiting to study
  • Visiting as an entertainer
  • Visitors for marriage of civil partnership
  • Visitors for private medical treatment
  • Transiting the UK

If you come to the UK as a visitor, you are normally allowed to stay here for up to 6 months. If you would like to stay here for longer than 6 months you would need to apply for a different type of visa.

| Our Recent Successes

Expert Advice

Vladimir Mikeljevic


T. 0113 297 3177

Vladimir Mikeljevic is a partner and head of our immigration department. He has been practising immigration and asylum law since 1996 and has previously been head of the immigration department at other leading firms of solicitors for more than 17 years.

Read More

| Get in Touch

If you have experienced problems with your visa and need expert help, Levi Solicitors’ expert team of immigration solicitors is on hand to help.  Either fill in the contact form or give us a call on 0800 988 7756.

With solicitors in Leeds (central and north), Wakefield, Bradford, Manchester and London, we can bring our experience and knowledge to your matter, no matter where you are.