We’re delighted to announce that Levi Solicitors has signed up to the Mindful Employer Charter – a set of voluntary aspirations for employers who are positive about mental health.
The Mindful Employer Charter aims to recognise those employers who are working towards better mental health in the workplace.
Established by the NHS, the charter for ‘Employers Positive about Mental Health’, to give it its full title, demonstrates an organisation’s commitment to better mental health at work.
Unlike other accreditations or quality standards, it aims to recognise those employers who are working towards better mental health in the workplace, no matter where they are in their journey.
It has been empowering employers across the UK to achieve better mental health and wellbeing at work for over 15 years, and it now boasts more than 1,000 signatories.
The Mindful Employer Charter six values
The charter contains six values, include:
- To provide non-judgmental and proactive support to staff experiencing mental ill-health
- To not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work
- To be positive and enabling toward all employees and applicants with a mental health condition
- To support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace
- To ensure they are fair in the recruitment of new staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010)
- To make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill-health will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health conditions will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment.