Speak to one of our solicitors for free
0800 988 7756
What is professional negligence?
Put simply, professional negligence is where a professional person (whether a solicitor, financial adviser, barrister, surveyor, doctor, accountant or other) fails to perform to the standard expected of them, causing you to suffer loss. Professionals have an obligation (known as a duty of care) to their clients to perform their jobs to a reasonable standard and with reasonable care.
Where a professional has been negligent, a professional negligence claim may be made to compensate you for your loss. We will work with you to ensure that you receive the damages you are entitled to.
Why choose our London professional negligence solicitors?
Our team of professional negligence lawyers has over 50 years of experience in advising businesses and individuals on professional negligence claims. Led by Steven Newdall, our specialist team are members of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association.
We give our professional negligence clients tailored, expert advice. We will give you honest and straightforward advice on the prospects of your claim and will work with you to achieve the result you deserve.
Our solicitors will keep you updated on the progress of your case and give you clear costs advice.
Although our team is based primarily in West Yorkshire, we regularly hold meetings in London. Further, we are able to offer meetings by Skype, Zoom or telephone.
Our location means that we can charge our clients at Leeds rates – nearly 50% less than some London solicitors!
How can we help you?
Our professional negligence team advise on claims against, Accountants, Barristers, Construction professionals, Conveyancing lawyer, Estate agents, Financial advisers, IT professionals, Personal injury lawyers, Professional advisers, Solicitors and Surveyors and architects
It is important to note that there are strict time limits for professional negligence claims. In the main, this is six years. However, there are some exceptions, so it is worth getting in touch to discuss your claim. We always recommend that you contact us as soon as you become aware of any negligence.
Commercial Property Solicitors
Our client (a property development company), instructed solicitors to draw up a sub-lease with the tenant company’s directors as sureties to the lease. The tenant fell into arrears, and the client was unable to recover from any sureties. We successfully negotiated a settlement of £80,000 plus costs for our client without having to go to court.
Our clients instructed solicitors to deal with a neighbour dispute. The solicitors incorrectly advised our clients they had no claim. We settled a claim against the solicitors and recovered £77,500 for our clients.
- Our client sought advice from solicitors on selling company shares. The solicitors’ advice didn’t protect our client’s interests. We were instructed in a claim against the solicitors and settled the claim at mediation. Our client accepted an excellent settlement of £86,500.
- Our client’s former solicitors mishandled court proceedings, leading to the client being prevented from making further arguments in the case. We intervened and stopped enforcement action being taken against the client, successfully getting the client’s case back on track. We obtained an immediate apology from the previous solicitors, plus payment of damages and costs for our client.
- Our clients instructed solicitors in the purchase of their home. The solicitors failed to check that the loft conversion had the relevant building regulations approval or advise our clients on this. This left our clients unable to sell their home some years later. We achieved a settlement of £25,000 for our clients.
Personal Injury Solicitors
- Our client pursued a personal injury claim after a car accident. Due to his solicitors’ negligence he was forced to under-settle his claim. We began a professional negligence claim against the former solicitors and recovered £175,000 plus costs for our client.
- Our client had instructed personal injury solicitors in relation to an injury he suffered at work. The solicitors missed the limitation date, meaning that the client was unable to pursue his claim. We recovered £25,000 plus costs from the solicitors for our client.
f you would like a FREE, no obligation discussion to see if you have a professional negligence claim, call us on (freephone) 0800 988 7756.
As well as offices in London, we also have offices in Leeds and Wakefield. So, we can bring our experience and knowledge to your professional negligence claim, no matter where you are.
What our Clients Say
Mr R, Bruntwood
"Very friendly and professional, a nice company to deal with."
Miss P, Leeds
"Keep up the super service, we are over the moon. Thank you."
Mr E & Miss S, Bradford
"We found Levi's to be very professional, helpful, friendly and totally efficient."
Ms F, Leeds
"Trusted and highly recommended. 5*"
Miss P, Leeds
"Cannot fault anything! Thank you so much for everything."